August 12, 2009

A Little Birdie and a Freebie

I was looking back at my archives recently and realized that I have not been posting as much lately. I apologize for that. I have good reasons though. First I have not been scrapping as much. I just now finished my 50th layout of the year. Last year at this time I was probably closer to 100. I have been getting these horrible headaches lately that really don't allow me to do much. I have been to the doctor and blood tests done. Results were all fine there. My next step is a visit to the chiropractor on Friday. So I am praying that a good adjustment will be the answers to my prayers.

Now to this week's project. Another card. But I really like how this one turned out. It makes me smile and I hope that it does the same for the recipient.

I decided this week to use Lindsay's Primative Bird & Flower Stamp. I just love this little guy. I colored the image outlining with Bic Mark-its, then coloring the inside of the image with my colored pencils. Then I added some Stickles for a nice glittery look. The sentiment, 'thinking of you,' which I know is hard to see in this pic, is from Studio G.

At Lindsay's the $5.00 special is now an everyday happening! You can get any stamp of your choosing for free with a $5.00 purchase. Great way to stock up on these adorable little stamps.

Don't forget to go find this week's freebie....I know it's out there somewhere! Please leave some love for the fellow DT's!

Melissa

Janet

Kim

Lisa

Margie

Tracey

Tamara

Row

Olena

Melissa C.

Leanne

Diana, August Guest DT

and

Lindsay

**************************************

10 comments:

Margie said...

Very pretty card! Good luck getting rid of the headaches! My husband suffers from migraines, so I know that they can be quite debilitating. Zomig helped him.

Lindsay Weirich said...

That is so sweet, I love the layers, rounded corners and of corse the glitter!

Rowena said...

Love how sparkly and adorable this is! Fabulous job!

Melissa Craig said...

Sorry to hear you're suffering from these headaches. I hope the chiropractor can help you.

Your card is so sweet! This is one of my favorite images.

Unknown said...

Haha! You and I had the same idea this week! I used that same stamp! I had mine already colored and stashed for a long time and then I just pulled it out the other day and finally decided to use it. Yours looks great!

ljurecek said...

Me likes all the sparkle! What a pretty card, Katt! Hope you get those headaches cleared up.

Leanne said...

I hope they are able to help you with your headaches! My son has migranes and I know they are NOT fun! Love your card! That image is just to cute and I love how you made it sparkle!

Mrs. Fence said...

Adorable card! This stamp is just too cute. HOpe you are feeling better soon...

Kim said...

How sweet! Love all the sparkles and especially how you put the buttons in the little frame.

lisa said...

Super adorable card Katt!!!

Swidget 1.0