February 13, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays --- A new-to-me Sketch Challenge Blog

So today, I log on to Facebook, and I have an invite to join a group. Most of these I just delete as they are pointless, like, "I hate tomatoes, but love ketchup." IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE!!! But this one was from a fellow scrapper, blogger and friend, Jenny. You can visit her blog here. The site that she introduced me to is called Sketchy Thursdays. You guessed it every Thursday there is a new challenge sketch. I immediately fell in love with this weeks, and got right to work.

My take on the sketch:
The layout is done on a transparent overlay from KI Memories. The black background is just there for photographing purposes. I used Basic Grey "Lemonade" papers, Prima flowers. and the journaling block is a transparency from Hambly.

This has been a very productive week for me. But I should mention that I have so many new goodies to play with that this has been a very easy week to be creative. CKC Portland was last week, and I got some great deals on paper and embellishments, not to mention THICKERS! I love them! The day before I found out that Tuesday Morning sells scrapbook stuff, and bought a TON there. Then to top my week off, our Tax Return came yesterday, and my hubby treated me to the Cricut Expression for Valentine's Day. Love you sweetie!

So you want to see what else I have been up too? Here ya go!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Go Junior, Have a great day at Daytona!!! #88
**************************************

2 comments:

Jacqui M said...

Love the LO's they are all great...you have been busy!! Especially love the vehicle cut-outs in the last layout, did you use your Expression for that? Gotta love a great Valentines gift....awesome hubby...Lucky Katt :o)

Tessa Buys said...

I am so glad you found us! Thank you, Jenny :). I love your style - so colorful and happy. Your Sketchy Thursdays layout is absolutely adorable! I love it!

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

Swidget 1.0