July 31, 2008

Altering Your Photos

CJ's Race Cars - LO using an altered photo




An easy way to draw attention to a certain subject in a photo is to alter it some way. Blur the back ground. Select a certain object and leave that color while making the rest of the pic B&W. Get rid of a busy background, by blending or cloning another portion of the picture. The possibilities are endless. Here are just a few examples.



For the carousel, I wanted a dreamy effect, so I used the negative of this image.



The color of the towel was very distracting so I changed the photo to B&W and then color selected the items I wanted to stay color. And changed the color of the flowers in the chair.




For this next photo, I wanted to focus on the cars. So I cropped for a closer take, and then color selected the cars.



A quick crop can tell a story, and not miss the tiniest detail. These are the same photo, one is just cropped in very tight so you can see what he is pointing at.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Great tutorial Katt!! I love the altered b/w's but haven't mastered that yet!! Just got PSP...haven't learned a thing yet!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

ok, not only is this an adorable picture! that closeup of his finger is priceless!!!

Swidget 1.0